Simon Thomas Pirie Ltd only collects information from:
- Individuals who contact us directly via telephone, email, post or in person.
- Businesses who have been recommended to us by one of our trusted contacts or whose details are in the public domain.
- Clients of our business associates such as interior designers and architects and only those for whom we are being asked to quote for or design and manufacture work.
We collect and store electronically names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers to use only for the following:
- To send our email newsletter (no more than 4 per year).
- To invite guests to events, shows and exhibitions (once or twice a year).
- To contact individuals about specific products or services that may be of interest to them.
- To communicate directly with clients about projects we are completing for them.
Clients’ contact details may be printed on technical drawings which remain the property of Simon Thomas Pirie Ltd. These are shared only with third parties who are involved with the manufacture or fitting of the commissioned piece and permission will not be given by us for those third parties to use the contact details for any purpose not connected with the product being manufactured from those drawings.
Our electronic mailing is hosted by Mailchimp who have their own privacy statement and are compliant with UK and EU privacy legislation.
We will never sell or pass on personal information to any third party without specific consent.
We will seek to regain permission to continue to send our marketing emails to contacts on our mailing list every 2 years or sooner if we wish to change what we send. In the event that we do not receive a response , the contact will be removed from our mailing list and their details will be deleted from our electronic database.
We may continue to store printed client details in our project archive for the purpose of our own records and to enable us to revisit projects at the clients request. For example, a client may ask us to refinish their table top 5 years after it was made. In this instance we can use the original drawings and specifications for their table to carry out this request. Drawings will never be sold or passed on with client’s details attached unless we have received written permission to do so.
For further information on how we use and store personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.